Advertising with Know-it-all passport® will give you the edge in the English-speaking community in the Geneva/Vaud/neighboring France areas.
We are happy to announce that the 10th edition of Know-it-all passport® 2017/2018 has now been published!
We are also available for help with the ad text and ad layout at no extra charge (within reason).
Know-it-all passport® 2017/2018 will be valid for a 2-year period (from end-August 2016 to end-August 2018). The ad prices are valid for the 2-year period, excluding TVA (VAT).
1/2 page black/white Fr. 1,000.- (+TVA)
1/1 page black/white Fr. 1,400.- (+TVA)
1/2 page color Fr. 1,800.- (+TVA)
1/1 page color Fr. 2,200.- (+TVA)
1/1 PRIME page color Fr. 2,500.- (special pages in front of book)* (+TVA)
Inside front cover Fr. 3,800.- (+TVA) RESERVED
Inside back cover Fr. 3,400.- (+TVA)RESERVED
Back cover Fr. 5,000.RESERVED This will be printed on silver paper so you must design accordingly. (+TVA)
Bookmark* on ribbon (NOTE: NEW FORMAT) ads are reprinted in the book as well
1/2 side Fr. 2,900.- (+TVA)
Full side Fr. 5,800.- (+TVA)
Entire bookmark Fr. 11,500.- (+TVA)
* limited availability
Format of guide (A5) 148mm x 210mm
1/2 page: 128mm x 90mm
1/1 page and prime pages: 148mm x 210mm (add 3mm of bleed to each side)
Page 2 and second to last page of book: 140mm x 210mm (add 3mm of bleed to each side)
Back cover: 151mm x 214mm (add 3mm of bleed to each side)
Bookmark 1/2 side: NEW FORMAT 100mm x 90mm (previously 50mm x 100mm) (add 3mm of bleed to each side)
Bookmark 1/1 side: NEW FORMAT 200mm x 180mm (previously 50mm x 200mm) (add 3mm of bleed to each side)
Contract deadline: 29 April, 2016 (unless quota has been achieved before then)
Ad deadline: 15 May, 2016
Payment deadline: 15 May, 2016
Number of copies to be printed: 4,500 copies
Number of pages: 780 pages
Publish date: end-August 2016 (valid for a 2-year period)
We only accept advertising on up to 10% of the number of pages in the book. Once we reach our target, we will no longer accept paid ads.
If you need any further information please contact Lisa Cirieco-Ohlman at:
T 022 774 45 33 (leave message please)
Here are some stats:
- The upcoming edition will be our 10th and it has gone from strength to strength. The first one was published in 1999.
- The 10th edition will have around 780 pages. NEW THIS TIME: It will have a hard cover printed on silver card.
- Number of books sold every 2 years is 4,500. As it is sold and not distributed freely, the buyers hold on very tight to each edition.
- As listings must be recommended to be in the book, we have a solid reputation. We have had clients tell us, “if it ain’t in there, we don’t do it”.
- 50% are sold through bookshops (Fnac, Manor, Payot, etc.)
- 50% are bought by relocation agents, who include a copy in their package, and international organizations buy it to give to their employees.
- 50% of clients have sequential editions (every 2 years), the other half acquire one every 4 years.
- 90% of our readers speak English better than French (we have some faithful locals who are some of our biggest fans). They can’t be called anglophones as they are not exclusively from the US or UK, etc. but from Arab countries, other parts of Europe such as Sweden and The Netherlands, or from Asian countries such as Japan and China; they are more at ease speaking English than French.
- 50% reside in the larger Geneva area (Pays de Gex, Annemasse, Nyon, Gland)
- 30% reside in the Lausanne area (from Rolle to Lutry)
- 10% reside around the lake (near Montreux or Thonon)
- 10% reside further afield (Yverdon, Annecy, Valais)
- We only accept advertising on up to 10% of the number of pages in the book. Once we reach our target, we will no longer accept paid ads.