• Living in Nyon
  • Coffee and Creations
  • Buy a copy of Know-it-all passport


Just our usual reminder at this time of the year, that the autoroute vignette, which is necessary for those who travel on any portion of the Swiss autoroute (highway/motorway), can now be purchased. These stickers are available at gas/petrol stations, shops, tabac/kiosks, border crossings, post offices, and other locations. The price is once again Fr. 40.- for the calendar year, and you have until 31 January 2022 to display it on your windscreen.

Note: If you buy Fr. 100.- worth of goods from Denner, you can purchase the vignette for only Fr. 35.-. instead of Fr. 40.- This is NOT valid on purchases of hard alcohol, tobacco products, vignettes, etc. However, wine counts! So stock up on a couple cases of wine for the holidays and take advantage of this deal (while stocks last)! 


Here is some more information supplied by the Swiss Customs Website.

Where do I have to affix the motorway charge sticker?
Affix the motorway charge sticker directly to the vehicle as follows:

  • In the case of motor vehicles, on the inside of the windscreen; do not mount the motorway charge sticker in the tinted section.
  • In the case of motor vehicles without windscreens, trailers and motorbikes, on an easily accessible and non-removable part.

Upon entry into Switzerland, can I use the motorway up until the first exit without a motorway tax sticker?
No. In order to ensure equal treatment, the motorway tax has to be paid in any event, regardless of the distance travelled.

Can the motorway charge sticker be transferred in the event of a change of car?
No. It is forbidden to peel off motorway charge stickers and transfer them to other vehicles. Detached motorway charge stickers are invalid.

I drive two vehicles with an interchangeable number plate. Do I require a motorway charge sticker for each vehicle?
Yes, both vehicles require a motorway charge sticker.

I will be visiting Switzerland only once this year. Do I nevertheless have to buy an annual motorway charge sticker?
Yes. At present, no motorway charge stickers are issued for shorter periods of time. Unlike other European countries, Switzerland has only an annual charge.

Will the motorway charge sticker be replaced in the event of a broken windscreen?
Yes. The motorway charge sticker will be replaced free of charge in the event of a windscreen replacement. In the case of foreign vehicles, customs offices issue a new motorway charge sticker upon presentation of the old motorway charge sticker (even if it is torn) and the invoice for the replacement windscreen.

A replacement sticker is organized by the insurance company in the case of Swiss vehicles.